Special European Council on 17 and 18 July 2020
The Special European Council will take place on 17 and 18 July in the Europa building in Brussels.
Due to the current COVID-19 measures, no press will be allowed on site.
Only a strictly limited pool of TV/photo agencies will be allowed for photo opportunities.
The Council will provide live host broadcasting services and cover the following:
1. Arrivals and possible statements on arrival from leaders (live)
Leaders will have the possibility to deliver a statement on arrival in front of a host camera, no possibility for press to ask questions.
2. Roundtable footage at the beginning of the meeting (live)
3. Statements on departure (live)
Leaders will have the possibility to deliver a statement on departure in front of a host camera, no possibility for press to ask questions.
4. Press conferences and national briefings (live)
Press will be able to participate in virtual press conferences/national briefings remotely (via Zoom).
More details to follow:
– on how to participate in the virtual press conferences/national briefings;
– on arrangements for live distribution of the broadcast quality signal of the press conferences (via EBS/EBU/ENEX – open to all broadcasters and agencies).
EU accredited journalists (holders of Council annual badges and journalists who got an accreditation for the June 2019 European Council meeting or later meetings) will be able to watch and listen to national briefings and ask questions remotely.
Host TV/photo live and on demand:
Council Newsroom: https://newsroom.consilium.europa.eu/
Council video streaming: https://video.consilium.europa.eu/
Europe by Satellite: https://audiovisual.ec.europa.eu/en/
Media programme, press conference and national briefing arrangements will follow.
For more details on the Special European Council, see the meeting page.